SCENE | The West Country


Photo of three girls in the fields of the West Country by Tim Walker scanned from the soon-to-be-released book Gypset Travel by Julia Chaplin.

"The West Country has been a magnet for freaks and mystics since medieval times. This swath of southwest England includes the impossibly green counties of Somerset, Devon, Dorset, and Cornwall. Pagans, Celts, druids, out-and-out charlatans, and ethereal goddesses have all been drawn to West Country's lush pastures and wooded knolls, bringing in their wake the scents of patchouli oil and weed." —Julia Chaplin in an excerpt from Gypset Travel.

Comments

Amielle said…
I am loving the sound of that book and all three of their outfits are perfection. I want them all!
Connie said…
I've heard about this book. I can't wait!!!!! I love dreamy books!
Jo said…
Cannot wait for this book. I live in the East of England but my husband and I often visit the west - it definitely does have that mystical feel to it. We spent our honeymoon in the Cotswolds and I would highly recommend it!

Popular Posts